Mangorewa Kaharoa Te Taumata Trust administers two blocks of Land located between Rotorua and Tauranga for the beneficial owners.  The land totals 3245.0632 hectares and the land is leased for forestry.

Land leased in hectares


One of the main purposes of the Trust is to ensure future sustainability occurs through growing our Trust wealth and income.

Our holdings


From its establishment as a 438 Trust by the Maori Land Court in 1971 the trust has expanded and now owns:


  • A commercial building at 1231 Haupapa Street, Rotorua
  • An adjoining block of land to the main Taumata blocks – 154.0314 hectares.  In 2011 this block was planted in Radiata.
  • 246 ha land on the Western Bay access in Taupo.  This land has been planted in Radiata.
  • A residential site on Lake Road, Rotorua